I've got my jars all ready for Valentine's Day. First, I'm going to show you how to make your own. I'm also going to show you a tip on how to fill the jars without breaking the bank. They take a surprising amount of ‘stuff' to fill up.
- 3 different sized wood candlestick holders, mine are 6″, 7″ and 9″. (I got them from 3 different stores)
- 3 wood finials (I got mine at Hobby Lobby)
- 3 – 5″ circle wooden‘plaques'
- 3 – 4″ circle wooden‘plaques'
- 3 glass jars with screw type lids (I got mine at Hobby Lobby. They are about 5″ tall. I think they are some of the smaller of this type of jar. I had larger jars initially, but then started thinking about how much ‘stuff' I would need to fill them and went smaller. You can use any size you prefer)
- E6000 Glue
Before we get started on the tutorial, I want to give a shout out to Trish and Bonnie over at Uncommon Designs. They are the brains behind this operation. OK, not really, but I first saw these apothecary jars on their blog. I used their idea to make my jars. Thank you ladies for the inspiration!
Here are all the other apothecary jar posts I've done in the last year with the tutorial and other decorating ideas. Just click on a picture to be taken to that post.