On our trip to Arizona, we were able to do so many fun things. One of the things that was at the top of my list was to make Mashed Potato Doughnuts with my Aunt, Snowflake and Pumpkin.
When I was young, my Aunt and Uncle did so many fun things with myself and my brother. I have many good memories of all the things we did with them. One of those things was my making potato doughnuts with my Aunt. I remember having fun making them and of course they were delicious to eat!
We managed to find some time to make doughnuts with my Aunt on our trip. I am so glad we did. It was a fun experience with Snowflake, Pumpkin, myself and my Aunt. It was interesting to make them as an adult and have that perspective as well.
Mashed Potato Doughnuts
- Recipe Source – King Arthur Flour: Mashed Potato DoughnutsUsed with full permission for reprint from King Arthur Flour
- 2 1/2 cups King Arthur Unbleached All-Purpose Flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon nutmeg (we omitted this and added vanilla in a batch or two instead)
- 1/4 cup vegetable shortening
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 3/4 cup mashed potato
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1 1/2 quarts (3 pounds) lard, shortening, or vegetable oil, for frying
- granulated sugar or cinnamon sugar, for coating
Read other posts about our trip to Arizona:
An Arizona Wedding
2 Arizona Canyons (The Grand Canyon and Walnut Canyon)
Arizona Hiking (and a Museum)
© 2011-2013 The Real Thing with the Coake Family. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.