Today I want to show you how I made the ribbon holder. I know it is not the fanciest or prettiest ribbon holder you will ever see, however I was able to make it with what I had on had and I like the way it looks. I also really like that it freed up some space in my drawer organizer and allowed me to consolidate my ribbon stash. Which, quite frankly, I didn’t realize I had quite as much as I do. I had a little here and a little there. The ribbon holder is now more full than in these pictures.
To make this ribbon holder you will need:
- a dowel rod
- wire clippers
- wall hooks
- Center your ribbon through the top loop. You will have 2 loose strands of ribbon.
- Twist the 2 loose strands of ribbon together down the wire.
- At the bottom, slip one strand of ribbon through your loop.
- Tie a knot, using the loop to secure your knot.
- I wanted to add some additional color, so I knotted in a second color ribbon.
- Tie your ribbon into a bow (or there is probably some fancier thing you could do that I couldn’t think of!).
Blogs I’ve linked up with:
© 2011-2013 The Real Thing with the Coake Family. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED.